The high-pitched echo of 550-horsepower V8 engines bounces off the glass of the suites at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Thousands of empty grandstand seats line the front stretch as high-performance race cars, many nondescript except for the numbers on their sides, dive in and out of the turns and accelerate down the backstretch on an unusually warm late-November day.
Click here to read the story at charlottemagazine.com.
- What is a product?
- Why is it important to NASCAR to provide fans with a quality product?
- Based on information from this story, how has NASCAR (and then entire sport) changed in recent years?
- What are social issues in sports?
- Why is it important to sports leagues like NASCAR to address social issues?
- How have social issues impacted NASCAR in recent years?
- How can NASCAR address these issues in a way that improves the product and attracts new fans to the sport?
- Based on information from this story, what might the future look like for NASCAR?