The NBA unveiled all 30 “City Edition” Jerseys for the 2023-24 season on Thursday. The alternate looks will draw even more attention this year as they’re set to debut during the inaugural in-season tournament that tips off Friday.
Click here to read the story at yahoo.sports.com.
- What is branding?
- Why is branding important to Nike?
- Why is branding important to NBA teams?
- Why do you think Nike and the NBA collaborate to release alternate uniforms like the “City Edition”?
- How do the City uniform collections help NBA teams to represent their communities?
- Why is that important and how does that relate to branding?
- Do you think alternate courts represent an example of branding? Why or why not?
- Which alternate court do you like best? Why?
- What is licensing?
- As it relates to the relationship between the NBA and Nike, who is the licensor? Who is the licensee?
- What is merchandise?
- Why are merchandise sales important to the NBA and its teams?
- Why are they important to Nike?
- How might the City Edition uniforms help to sell more merchandise?
- Which City Edition uniform do you like best? Why?
- What is the NBA’s in-season tournament?
- Why do you think they introduced an in-season tournament this year?
- Why do you think the City Edition uniforms and new court branding came out just in time for the in-season tournament?
- Do you like the idea of the in-season tournament? Why or why not?