The Chicago Bears offered up the first look at their conceptual plans for their potential new home in Arlington Heights, releasing a letter to residents ahead of a community meeting to discuss their massive design.
Click here to read the story at nbcchicago.com.
- As it relates to the business of sports, what are communications?
- Why are communications important in the business of sports?
- In the case of the Chicago Bears and their potential move to Arlington Park, why are communications important?
- Based on what you read in this news story, how would you describe the Bears’ communications strategy?
- Why do you think the team wants to move?
- What are industry trends?
- Why do you think the development of an entertainment district has become such a popular trend in the business of sports?
- Why do you think the Bears launched a new website? Why might that be important?
- According to your textbook, the Business of Sports and Entertainment, what is the paradox of commercialism?
- How might this story represent an example of that concept?