Texas A&M University is set to re-create the famous Red, White and Blue football game this Saturday at Kyle Field to remember the upcoming 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
In the days following the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, five Aggies – current students at the time – led the extraordinary effort that resulted in a massive display of the nation’s colors throughout Texas A&M’s stadium.
Click here to read the story at today.tamu.edu.
- What is publicity?
- How does publicity impact sports and entertainment organizations?
- What are community relations?
- According to your textbook (The Business of Sports & Entertainment), what are the five ways community relations programs are typically initiated?
- Which best describes the Red, White and Blue football game at Texas A&M?
- What is goodwill?
- How might this program help Texas A&M to build goodwill with its fans and the local community?
- How might this program demonstrate an example of strong leadership?
- What is one idea for a community relations program you could implement at your school using this initiative from Texas A&M for inspiration? Be prepared to discuss your ideas in class.