TThe NCAA is investigating two “high-profile” NIL deals involving football players at BYU and Miami “for potential violations of the association’s interim rules regarding new marketing rights for college athletes,” according to Sportico’s Daniel Libit and Eben Novy-Williams.
Click here to read the story at bleacherreport.com.
- What are industry trends?
- How do trends impact the sports and entertainment industry?
- What is NIL?
- How might NIL represent the concept of industry trends?
- How might the institution of new NIL rules this season present a challenge for the NCAA as it tries to regulate recruiting in college sports?
- How do new NIL rules benefit college athletes?
- Based on information from this story, what might constitute a NIL violation?
- What are ethics?
- In your opinion, are NIL violations unethical? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, do NIL rules create an uneven playing field for some colleges from a recruiting standpoint? Why or why not? Why might that be important?