Ridley Scott knows who to blame for his epic The Last Duel bombing this fall — and it’s not Disney, which he contends did a great job promoting the historical drama.
Click here to read the story at hollywoodreporter.com.
- Who are “millennials” as referenced in the headline of this news story?
- Why do you think marketers sometimes refer to groups of consumers with labels like “millennials”?
- Why does Ridley Scott think Millennials are to blame for the poor showing at the box office for his ‘The Last Duel’ film?
- In your opinion, is that a legitimate reason why the film bombed at the box office? Why or why not?
- Do you think it might be risky for Ridley Scott to publicly blame a specific group of consumers for the film’s disappointment at the box office? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, could Disney have done anything differently from a marketing perspective to improve box office sales? Why or why not? Be preapred to discuss your answers in class.