His voice has become iconic and it’s never good news when he calls — but 2 million people had custom chats with Ghostface as part of the marketing campaign for Scream VI, a sign the idea rang true with fans.
Click here to read the story at hollywoodreporter.com.
- Why is marketing important to the success of a film to a studio like Paramount?
- Why do you think some campaigns more successful than others?
- Was the ‘Scream VI’ marketing campaign a success?
- What made the campaign for ‘Scream VI’ so successful, according to this story?
- This news story suggests ‘traditional marketing’ tactics aren’t enough to attract the attention of consumers. What does that mean?
- What is an example of a nontraditional marketing strategy as it relates to this campaign?
- What is consumer engagement?
- How did this campaign help to drive engagement?
- How might that engagement have helped to impact the success of this campaign?
- How well did the film perform at the box office? Do you think the marketing campaign helped to drive sales? Why or why not?