Sony went all out on its marketing for PlayStation 5’s launch in November, spending more than twice as much on TV ads as Microsoft did for Xbox Series X|S during the same timeframe. Throughout the year, the Japan-based hardware manufacturer counted among the biggest spenders as far as TV advertisements were concerned. It’s no surprise, then, that Sony decided to up its game for the new console launch.
Click here to read the story from screenrant.com.
- What is competition?
- Who might represent Sony’s competition in the console market space?
- Why do you think Sony spent so much on advertising?
- Do you think the strategy paid off? Why or why not?
- What is supply and demand?
- How might supply and demand have impacted sales for the PS5 console over the holidays?
- Do you think the demand for PS5 will continue to grow? Why or why not?