Sony Pictures is putting forth the biggest promotional campaign to date during the pandemic for any major studio wide release with Spider-Man: No Way Home; the global brand marketing value seeing $202M and a billion-plus reach.
Cick here to read the story at deadline.com.
- Why do movie studios promote their films?
- Why do you think Sony commited so many resources to the promotion of the ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ film?
- What is a promotional tie-in?
- Is a promotional tie-in the same thing as product placement?
- What is “brand marketing value” as discussed in this news story?
- What are three examples of brands who partnered with Sony to promote the new Spider-Man film?
- Which brand was Sony’s automobile partner for this film?
- What did they do to help promote the film?
- Why would they want to partner with Sony for Spider-Man?
- How do you think the film was promoted through social media?
- Do you think the promotional efforts helped with the film’s overall box office sales? Why or why not?