The Buffalo Bills are seeking a new $1.3 billion National Football League stadium. The Chicago Bears are spending $197 million to acquire land that could eventually be their new home.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What are the different ways stadiums are typically financed?
- In your opinion, should taxpayers help to finance new stadiums or stadium upgrades? Why or why not?
- How do you think a franchise is impacted from a PR perspective when the general public helps to finance sports stadium?
- Based on information from this story, how will stadiums be different by 2030?
- How might technology play a role in new stadium amenities?
- What is economic impact?
- How might pro sports stadiums impact local economies?
- What is fan experience?
- How do sports venues impact the fan experience?
- How might stadiums of the future help to improve the fan experience and why might that be important? Be prepared to discuss your ideas in class.