U.S. inflation reached a 31-year high in October. The Labor Department reported the consumer price index rose 6.2% year-over-year, the fifth straight month the inflation rate had cleared the 5% benchmark.
Click here to read the story at yahoo.com.
- What is inflation?
- What factors influence inflation?
- How does inflation impact sports teams?
- How does inflation impact sports fans?
- What factors might impact the value of a pro sports franchise?
- According to this story, inflation might impact the overall value of pro sports teams. How?
- Do you think inflation could result in a decrease in interest in the purchase of a pro sports franchise if and when a team becomes available for sale? Why or why not?
- Do you think inflation could result in fewer pro sports teams becoming available for sale? Why or why not?