As TCU gears up to the play in the national championship, fans can’t get enough of the purple and white merchandise.
Click here to read the story at star-telegram.com.
- What is a product as it relates to the business of sports and entertainment?
- Is TCU football a product? Why or why not?
- What differentiates a sports product from a service?
- What is the importance of a quality product in sports?
- How might this story demonstrate the importance of a quality product in sports?
- What is publicity?
- How might TCU’s storybook season provide the program (and school) with publicity? How might they benefit from that publicity?
- TCU’s campus is in Fort Worth, Texas. How would you describe the competition for fan attention and entertainment dollars in that area? How might the program’s success this year help them to gain the attention of more fans?
- What is licensing?
- What is licensed merchandise?
- Is TCU a licensee or licensor when it comes to the sale of branded merchandise?
- What is fandom?
- How do you think the concept of fandom is illustrated by the demand for TCU merchandise?
- Do you think TCU’s opponent in the national championship game, the Georgia Bulldogs, has also seen an increase in merchandise sales? Why or why not?
- Who do you think will win the game?