Team USA is suiting up for the 2022 Winter Olympics (starting February 3rd on NBC and Peacock) in the most innovative uniforms yet, the TODAY Show revealed on January 20. Ralph Lauren unveiled the official outfits athletes will be wearing during the opening ceremony — and it’s safe to say that Team USA will be taking on the games in style.
Click here to read the story at bravotv.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do you think Ralph Lauren would sponsor Team USA for the Olympic Games?
- What role does technology play in the business of sports?
- How did Ralph Lauren incorporate technology in the development of the new Team USA opening ceremony uniforms for the 2022 Winter Games?
- What is licensing?
- What does it mean for merchandise to be officially licensed?
- Why is licensing important to the Olympic Games? To Team USA? To Ralph Lauren?
- What type of licensed merchandise might Ralph Lauren offer throughout the Olympic Games?
- If you had a license to sell Olympic Games-branded merchandise, what kind of products would you offer? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.