The NBA gets a lot of credit for looking for new ways to engage fans, but when we look back on the fanless fall, the NFL may, and should have emerged from the top of the forward-thinking pack, and Sunday was the best example, across the board, of a glimpse into the future of sports how we want it, where we want it and when we want it.
Click here to read the story at joefavorito.com.
- What is a “megacast”?
- Why do you think ESPN opted for a megacast for an NFL game?
- What is a target market?
- Who do you think the NFL might be targeting by offering a game broadcast on Nickledeon?
- Why might that target audience be important to the NFL?
- How do you think the NFL will benefit in the future by offering different ways for fans to watch games?
- What is fan engagement?
- How might alternative broadcasts and megacasts might help boost levels of fan engagement?