The next chapter of the Battle of New York has started, but this one’s not on ice. Although both the Islanders and the Rangers have won four Stanley Cups each, the Islanders might have given Rangers fans a reason to be jealous with its new team store.
Click here to read the story at retailbrew.com.
- What is licensing?
- What is licensed merchandise?
- Why is licensing important to the NHL and its teams?
- What is merchandising?
- Why is merchandising important to the NHL and its teams?
- Why do you think the Islanders opened a new team store?
- What is fan experience?
- How might an updated and improved team store help to improve the fan experience for Islanders fans?
- According to this story, part of the strategy when constructing the store included appealing to all the senses. What does that mean and how might that help the team to sell more merchandise?
- What is one example of how the new store might appeal to all the senses?