The NFL can’t wait to welcome fans back to full-capacity stadiums from Seattle to Miami in 2021, though Luddites apparently need not apply. Commissioner Roger Goodell plans on enforcing a new policy that will be a blow to scrapbookers everywhere: Ticket stubs are about to become a thing of the past, rarer than a Johnny Manziel touchdown pass. Digital tickets are taking over.
Click here to read the story at sportscasting.com.
- What is fan experience?
- What factors might influence the fan experience at a NFL stadium on game day?
- Why would the NFL move to an all digital ticketing process?
- How might that impact the fan experience?
- Do you think some fans will be disappointed in this decision? Why or why not?
- Could the NFL find an alternative solution that would still provide fans with collectibles even though the tickets will become digital?
- Do you think other sports leagues still offer paper tickets? If so, do you think other leagues will eventually move to an all digital ticketing process? Why or why not?