The rivalry between elite football clubs is already fierce, but it’s just been shot into new territory.
As global fanbases shelter from the pandemic at home, a collaboration between Epic Games – the creator of the video game Fortnite – and the world of football has opened another sphere of competition online.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is cross promotion?
- How might this news story illustrate the concept of cross promotion?
- How might Epic Games benefit from this promotion?
- How might the soccer clubs that partnered with Epic Games for this promotion benefit?
- How do you think the global appeal of both parties might benefit Epic Games and their soccer club partners?
- What is fandom?
- How might the concept of fandom help to fuel the success of this promotion?