The Washington Football Team will now be known as the Washington Commanders. Now comes the hard part.
For the team that for decades went by a racist moniker, the official announcement of a new name marks the end of a search that began in earnest 18 months ago.
Click here to read the story at morningbrew.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is the Washington Football Team a brand?
- What is rebranding?
- Why do you think the Washington Football Team chose to rebrand the franchise?
- What is market research?
- What are the different types of market research?
- How do sports teams benefit from market research?
- Based on information from this story, how did the franchise decide on the new nickname?
- What challenges might the team be facing as they begin the brand building process with the new nickname and logo?
- As part of the process, the franchise kept some elements from the previous branding, including team colors. Why do you think did that?