The Washington Football Team will play with their minimalist branding through the 2021 season but will unveil a new moniker ahead of next year.
As a guest on the Adam Schefter Podcast, WFT Co-CEO Tanya Snyder said that the team was down to three potential candidates.
Click here to read the story at news.yahoo.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is rebranding?
- Why is the Washington Football Team rebranding?
- What are some things the franchise must consider as part of the rebranding process?
- What is fandom?
- How do you think fandom impacts a franchise’s decisions relating to a rebrand?
- Which name do you think the franchise should select? Why?
- How do you think the rebrand will impact the team’s ability to sell licensed merchandise? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.