Just ahead of football season, Tide and NFL have announced a new sustainability-focused collaboration. Launched today, the new #TurnToCold campaign encourages the NFL’s fans to wash their laundry on the cold setting with Tide to cut energy costs and reduce emissions.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is fandom?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor sports and entertainment?
- How do you think the levels of fandom among NFL fans might influence brand decisions relating to sponsorship?
- What is product endorsemement?
- How do you think brands determine which athletes and celebrities to align with?
- Why do you think Tide selected Steve Austin, Ice-T and Matt Ryan as brand ambassadors for this campaign?
- What is sustainability?
- Why do you think Tide is focused on sustainability as part of its NFL sponsorship?
- What is the message Tide is communicating to fans through this campaign?
- Why is Tide giving away washing machines?
- What is unique about the Tide washing machines? How does that relate to the concept of sponsorship and endorsement?
- What is a slogan or tagline? How might hashtags provide an extension of taglines and hashtags?
- According to information from this story, what hashtag is Tide using as part of this campaign? Why do you think Tide chose this hashtag?