Miley Cyrus turns up the volume on a Beats Pill and applies eos lip balm in “We Can’t Stop”; Ariana Grande whips out a Samsung Galaxy Note in the first 5 seconds of “Focus”; Lil Nas X, dressed as a vampire, reaches for an Estée Lauder anti-aging serum in “Rodeo.”
Click here to read the story at marketingbrew.com.
- What is a music video?
- What is product placement?
- Why do brands invest in product placement strategies?
- Are all product placements paid?
- Can you think of a brand that you have noticed in a show or movie that you have recently watched? What about a game you’ve played or a song you’ve listened to, or a video that you have watched on social media?
- Why do you think artists might be willing to feature a brand in their video?
- As described in your textbook in lesson 2.8, what is the paradox of commercialism?
- Do you think product placement represents an example of that concept? Why or why not?
- How do you personally feel about seeing brands on your favorite entertainment platforms?
- Do you think TikTok is a good place for brands to try to connect with consumers? Why or why not?