Wednesday, the Minnesota Twins announced special events and promotions for the rest of the 2021 season.
With single-game tickets for the team’s remaining games set to go on sale at noon on Thursday and capacity set to ramp up in the coming weeks, the club also announced it is updating its bag policy starting May 24.
Click here to read the story at kstp.com.
- What is promotion?
- Why do sports teams engage in promotion?
- Based on information from this news story, describe one of the promotions recently announced by the Minnesota Twins.
- How might this promotion help to draw fans to the ballpark?
- Why is attendance important to a MLB team?
- Why are ticket sales important to MLB teams?
- What is the difference between ticket sales and attendance?
- What is the “frequency escalator” as described in your textbook and how might this news story illustrate an example of that concept?
- Which of these promotions would be most likely to encourage you to get out to the ballpark this summer?