Under Armour is accelerating its efforts to attract the female athlete.
Click here to read the story at wwd.com.
- What is market segmentation?
- How might this story represent the concept of market segmentation?
- Why do you think Under Armour is launching a female-specific running shoe?
- Why is the company putting an emphasis on attracting female consumers?
- What type of market segmentation might best describe that strategy?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, what is Under Armour doing to attract the attention of female consumers?
- What is product development?
- How does product development fit within the marketing mix?
- What is the name of Under Armour’s new product?
- Why might the name of the product be important?
- According to this story, what is Under Armour doing differently from a product development perspective with the new running shoe?