Universal Music Group posted booming results for 2022, with revenues soaring 21.6% to nearly $10.95 billion, driven by streaming and a strong performance from its recorded music and publishing divisions.
Click here to read the story at variety.com.
- Who is Universal Music Group?
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to entertainment companies like Universal Music?
- How do you think Universal Music Group generates revenue?
- Why do you think revenues increased by such a significant percentage in 2022?
- What is an “economic model”?
- Why do you think UMG wants create a new economic model in streaming?
- How might that model impact artists and songwriters?
- How might it impact companies like Spotify or Apple Music?
- How might it impact consumers? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.