Arkansas and Missouri have a common border, which the University of Arkansas notes has a history of “disputed demarcations.”
These historical disputes turned modern-day competition eventually spurred a college football game known as the Battle Line Rivalry between the University of Arkansas and the University of Missouri.
Click here to read the story at adweek.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- Which do you think best describes this promotion from Walmart? Why?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor sports, entertainment and event properties?
- How do you think brands determine which properties to sponsor?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Why do you think Walmart chose to sponsor the Battle Line Rivalry game?
- Why do you think they chose to feature drones as part of the sponsorship?
- Based on information from this story, how would you describe Walmart’s activation strategy?