Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Butterbeer, one of the most beloved drinks from the Wizarding World, now comes in bottles. Warner Bros. is selling the non-alcoholic, butterscotch-flavored drink in bottles online and in select stores. It was previously only available in draught form at select Wizarding World locations.
Click here to read the story from usatoday.com.
- What is product placement?
- What is reverse product placement?
- Do you think this story offers an example of reverse product placement? Why or why not?
- What is fandom? How might high levels of Harry Potter fandom influence Warner Bros decision to release Butterbeer in bottles?
- Why do you think Warner Bros only released the product in the UK? In your opinion, would it be a popular seller in the US? Why or why not?