Add the Washington Wizards to the list of National Basketball Association teams looking to attract a jersey partner after a deal with insurance company Geico expired.
Monumental Sports and Entertainment, the company that owns the Wizards and National Hockey League’s Capitals franchise, is creating what it calls a “unified offer” to entice a new corporate partner.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- Why is selling important to a sports team like the Wizards?
- What is retention?
- Why is retention important?
- What is sponsorship?
- What is sponsorship inventory?
- What is a rate card?
- How might this story provide an example of inventory and rate card?
- According to this story, who was the Wizards’ previous jersey sponsor?
- Why do you think that company chose not to renew the sponsorship?
- What role might customer service play in renewing sponsorship deals like these?
- What role do sales professionals have in helping the team to find a new jersey sponsor?