Houston First estimates a $12 to 14 million economic impact per home game during this year’s World Series.
Click here to read the story at khou.com.
- What is economic impact?
- What is an economic impact study?
- When are economic impact studies conducted?
- What are direct effects from an economic impact perspective?
- What are indirect effects?
- Are all economic impact estimates always accurate?
- Does it matter if they are accurate? Why or why not?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, how has the World Series impacted the Houston economy?
- What types of businesses do you think benefit the most?
- Do you think the city of Philadelphia will experience a similar economic impact? Why or why not?