Weezer wants to clean your floor. Well, actually, the band wants to let a Roomba clean your floor. To be even more specific, they want a branded Roomba that looks like a Weezer CD to clean your floor. That way, you have even more time to listen to the band’s new music.
Introducing: the Wroomba (the W is silent).
Click here to read the story at magazine.promo.com.
- What is licensed merchandise?
- Why do bands and musicians sell licensed merchandise?
- Why do you think bands and musicians are getting more creative with the type of merchandise that they offer?
- What is a publicity stunt?
- Do you think this offering from the band Weezer is a publicity stunt or will they actually plan to sell Weezer-branded Roomba vacuums?
- How might Roomba benefit from this promotion?
- How might Weezer benefit from this promotion?