March Madness is just around the corner – and as the sporting event’s official breakfast and hamburger, Wendy’s has a flurry of new promotional offerings supported by ads with NBA legend Reggie Miller. The new campaign features the brand’s trademark humor, and is also aimed at boosting engagement with the company’s app.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- What is digital marketing?
- Based on what you learned from this story, describe the digital marketing component of the Wendy’s March Madness campaign.
- Why do you think Wendy’s invests in a sponsorship with the NCAA for March Madness?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Why is it important for brands to activate their sponsorships?
- What is Wendy’s doing to activate their NCAA sponsorship during March Madness?
- Wendy’s has developed a reputation for their marketing on Twitter. How do you think has helped the brand to become the #2 fast food chain in the United States?
- If you were running the Wendy’s Twitter account during March Madness, what might your strategy look like? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.