The 2020 rendition of the Masters will mark many firsts, but the most stark reminder that we are truly witnessing a tournament unlike any other (besides the November date and fall foliage) is the absence of patrons, to use the club’s parlance for the estimated 40,000 spectators who roam the grounds of the club each day.
Click here to read the story at golf.com.
- What is economic impact?
- How does the Masters Golf Tournament impact the local Augusta economy?
- Based on information from this story, how important is merchandise revenue to Augusta National?
- What is different about this year’s Masters merchandise sales?
- Why do you think the Masters had never allowed online sales until this year?
- Do you think Augusta National will change their merchandising strategy permanently after this year? Why or why not?