For football fans, the NFL draft is all about the pick and the players.
For Cleveland’s civic leaders, it’s all about the visibility and visitors.
Click here to read the story at wkyc.com.
- What is economic impact?
- How is economic impact measured?
- What is an economic impact study?
- Who typically conducts these studies and why?
- Do all economists agree on the results of these studies?
- According to this story, how much will it actually cost the city of Cleveland to host this year’s NFL Draft?
- How might the investment in event management and event marketing from the NFL benefit host cities like Cleveland?
- How else might the city benefit from hosting the draft?
- Do you think cities are taking a risk when they choose to host a major event like the NFL Draft? Why or why not?