Earlier this week Adidas ended its partnership with rapper and fashion designer Ye (who previously went by Kanye West). Its decision came around the same time that a flurry of other companies also cut ties with the artist — but weeks after Ye began making offensive remarks.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is celebrity endorsement?
- Why do brands pay athletes and celebrities to endorse their products and services?
- What is influencer marketing?
- What is the difference between influencer marketing and celebrity endorsement?
- What characteristics do brands look for when determining which athletes and celebrities to endorse their products or services?
- Why do you think Ye has been so popular with brands?
- Why did Adidas and Gap end their partnership with Ye?
- According to this story, what took them so long to come to that decision?
- In that opinion, should they have cut ties with Ye sooner? Why or why not?
- Do you think Ye will eventually be appealing again to brands as an endorsement partner? Why or why not?
- Where do you think Ye’s business empire goes from here in the wake of all the negative publicity from the past few weeks? Be prepared to discuss your opinions in class.