On Wednesday, private equity firm MSP Sports Capital (known in part for its investment in McLaren Racing) announced that it has acquired a majority interest from ESPN Productions for X Games.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is competition for the entertainment dollar?
- How might the X Games represent an example of competition for the entertainment dollar?
- What is event management?
- What is event marketing?
- Why are both important to the X Games?
- Why do you think ESPN decided to sell the X Games?
- Who might represent the X Games target audience?
- What is digital marketing?
- What is social media marketing?
- Why are digital and social media marketing strategies important to the X Games?
- How might they be a priority moving forward after the ESPN sale of the X Games?
- What are broadcast rights?
- Do you think ESPN will want TV broadcast rights to X Games events in the future? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.