Summer is nearly over, which means it’s time to transition into Spooky Season. Baseball appears to be doing so a bit before October, as MLB fans have noticed people sitting stock-still behind home plate holding some creepy smiles for the duration of the game.
Click here to read the story at sportingnews.com.
- What is publicity?
- Why is publicity important to a film release at the box office?
- How can publicity impact a film at the box office?
- What is a marketing stunt?
- Why do studios engage in marketing stunts leading up to the release of a film?
- Why do you think the horror genre is known for marketing stunts to promote films?
- Describe Paramount Pictures’ marketing stunt for the ‘Smile’ film based on information from this news story.
- Do you think the studio accomplished what they’d hoped to with this stunt? Why or why not?
- Have you seen any other promotion of the film? If so, where?
- What else could the studio do to promote the film?