Marketers and advertisers are increasingly concentrating their efforts on college athletes following the name, image and likeness (NIL) policy change in 2021. The strategies — which vary by brand, but often have them appear in digital ads — are often a way to get in front Gen Z and sports fans.
Click here to read the story at digiday.com.
- What are ticket sales?
- Why are ticket sales important in sports and entertainment?
- Why are they important to Nascar?
- What is a target market?
- What is a demographic?
- Who is Gen Z?
- Why would Nascar be interested in targeting Gen Z consumers?
- What is NIL?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, how would you describe Nascar’s approach to NIL marketing?
- How is Nascar using NIL to help increase ticket sales?
- The headline of this article describes using NIL to sell tickets as an “alternative” approach. What does that mean?