For dedicated gamers across Asia, late-night sessions often mean chugging cans of Red Bull or snacking on fast food to stay awake.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is positioning?
- What do you think it means to be ‘gamer-friendly’?
- What is product development?
- Why would Cup Noodles want to position a product as ‘gamer-friendly’?
- What is differentiation?
- What differentiates the new product from Cup Noodles from its other products and competing products from other brands?
- What is market segmentation?
- How would you describe Cup Noodles’ segmentation strategy, based on what you learned in this news story?
- What is a target market?
- Who might represent Cup Noodles’ target audience for its caffeinated noodles product?
- What is a niche market, or niche product?
- How might this story represent an example of a niche?