With no definitive word on when, or if, the NBA season will resume and the possibility of the playoffs starting in June and the Finals ending in August, the 2020-21 season could be immensely disrupted. So maybe it’s time for the Association to consider a truly radical revamping of its calendar.
Let’s start next season on Christmas Day, begin the playoffs in June and move the Finals, draft and free agency to August. Then make this radical change permanent.
Click here to read the story at yardbarker.com.
Questions for Class Discussion:
- Why do you think rescheduling and postponing is such a challenge (logistically) for pro sports teams like the NBA?
- Why do you think rescheduling and postponing is such a challenge (financially) for pro sports teams like the NBA?
- The author of this story is suggesting the NBA begin its season on Christmas Day. Why?
- From a business perspective, would you agree with the suggestion? Why or why not?
- Do you think the NBA can find a way to supplement the lost revenue from missed games? Why or why not? Explain your answer in the space below.