With the second season of “The Mandalorian” set to lift off Friday, there’s a new wave of toys featuring the Child, also nicknamed by fans as Baby Yoda.
Viewers were introduced to the character, evidently a younger specimen of the same race as Jedi master Yoda, in the Star Wars-based series, which debuted on Disney+ last November.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is licensing?
- If you wanted to make your own t-shirt featuring Baby Yoda (or any other Star Wars characters), what would you need to do (describe the licensing process).
- In the case of Baby Yoda toys, is Disney the licensor or the licensee?
- According to this story, why did Disney miss out on potentially millions of dollars in sales of Mandelorian licensed products last year?
- Based on information from this story, what impact did the sale of Mandelorian toys have on Disney’s licensing business during the first half of this year?
- What is fandom?
- How does fandom help to propel sales of licensed merchandise?
- In your opinion, will Mandelorian toys be popular sellers this year around the holidays? Why or why not?