After a landmark WNBA season, the league is telling the nation to pay attention. To celebrate the upcoming 25th season, the professional women’s basketball league unveiled a series of new initiatives as well as a new logo, basketball and uniforms as part of its “Count It” campaign.
The plan includes an inaugural in-season Commissioner’s Cup, a countdown of the 25 greatest moments in league history and a new advisory council with some of the biggest names in the game.
Click here to read the story at adweek.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is branding?
- Why would the league introduce a new logo?
- What is the name of this campaign? How might that represent the concept of branding?
- What message do you think the WNBA is trying to communicate to fans through this campaign?
- What is leadership?
- What is an advisory council?
- How might the introduction of a new advisory council help the league and its leadership to build strategies that will help the league to continue to grow?
- What is a situation analysis?
- How might a situation analysis help the league to establish growth strategies?
- How is the WNBA using its platform to advance social justice initiatives?