In a potentially transformative experiment in the way Hollywood distributes its movies, WarnerMedia said it will debut its blockbuster sequel Wonder Woman 1984 Christmas Day simultaneously in theaters and on its subscription streaming service HBO Max.
In announcing the Wonder Woman decision, WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar positioned the move as a fan-friendly experiment in an extraordinary time.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution an important function of marketing?
- What is unique about the distribution strategy for ‘Wonder Woman 1984’?
- This news story suggests WarnerMedia’s distribution for ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ could change the way movies are released. How so?
- Do you think this distribution strategy will become a trend within the industry? Why or why not?
- Why do you think they chose to release the film on Christmas Day?