Popular match-three mobile game Candy Crush Soda Saga has teamed with the World Surf League (WSL) for a limited-time in-game tournament, the “Soda Surf Cup,” per a press release. The effort is timed around the Rip Curl WSL Finals competitive surfing event.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is a brand collaboration?
- Do you think this represents an example of brand collaboration?
- Who is the WSL?
- Why would WSL partner with Candy Crush?
- Based on what you learned by reading this news story, describe the WSL/Candy Crush collaboration.
- How might Candy Crush benefit from this collaboration?
- What is gamification?
- What is consumer engagement?
- How might gamification impact levels of engagement?
- Why is that important to a sports or entertainment brand?
- Do you think this story illustrates an example of engagement? Why or why not?
- What is digital marketing?
- Why is an effective digital marketing strategy important to WSL?
- What is a press release?
- This story cites information from a press release. Why would King, makers of the Candy Crush game, issue a press release about this collaboration?
- What is promotion?
- Why is the “Soda Surf Cup” only going to be available for a limited time?
- How might that represent an example of promotion?