Similarly to the speed at which ice water warms in one of their tumblers or water bottles, Yeti is taking a slow and steady approach when it comes to sports marketing.
Click here to read the story at Forbes.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- What kind of company is Yeti?
- Which might best describe Yeti’s involvement with sports marketing?
- How might sports marketing help Yeti to reach and connect with consumers?
- The headline of this story describes a “slow and steady” approach to sports marketing from Yeti. What does that mean?
- Why do you think Yeti is taking this approach?
- What is a target market?
- Based on information from this story, how would you describe Yeti’s target audience?
- How does that influence the brand’s sports marketing strategy?
- What is sponsorship?
- What is the World Surf League?
- Why do you think Yeti invested in a sponsorship of the World Surf League?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, what is one example of how Yeti will activate their World Surf League sponsorship?
- How might Yeti benefit from a presence at WSL events?
- What other sports properties has Yeti invested in sponsorships? Why do you think they chose those properties?
- What other properties might be next for Yeti from a sponsorship perspective? Why?