A special opening day for the newly named Cleveland Guardians began with a bang.
Not the one they hoped for, either.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- What is branding?
- What is rebranding?
- What risks might be associated with a rebranding initiative?
- What is publicity?
- How do you think publicity influenced Cleveland’s MLB franchise decision to rebrand?
- What are ethics?
- Do you think Cleveland had an ethical responsibility to rebrand? Why or why not?
- How might the team benefit from the rebranding effort?
- What is merchandising?
- Why do you think the Guardians’ were promoting the opening of a new team store?
- Based on information from this story, what happened at the opening?
- In your opinion, do you think the rebrand is a success in the short-term? What about the long-term? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.