In a challenging era for car sales, sometimes you need a team of superheroes to help get the metal off the lot.
Lexus, the luxury-auto unit of Toyota, is joining with the Marvel band of altruistic aliens known as the Eternals, who are slated to be the focus of the next film from the popular Disney-backed entertainment unit.
Click here to read the story at variety.com.
- What is market segmentation?
- What type of market segmentation refers to the identification of consumer groups by by age?
- What is a target market?
- Who is “Gen Y”?
- Why do you think Lexus is targeting Gen Y?
- Why do you think Lexus chose to partner with Marvel in a campaign to try to reach Gen Y consumers?
- What is advertising?
- According to this story, how much did Lexus spend on advertising last year?
- Why do you think they spend so much on advertising?
- Based on information from this story, describe the Marvel-themed Lexus ad.
- Where might the new Lexus ad be seen by consumers?
- Why do you think Lexus might choose to place the ad in those areas?