The umpire calls ball four and all hell breaks loose.
Rather than trotting to first base, the batter breaks into a sprint and doesn’t stop, rounding the bag at full speed. The catcher jumps up and throws to the shortstop, who tosses to the second baseman.
Click here to read the story at latimes.com.
- What is positioning?
- How have the Savannah Bananas positioned their product?
- What is competition?
- Who might represent competition to the Bananas franchise in the Savannah area?
- What is differentiation?
- How has the franchise differentiated its product from competing products in the area?
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to the Savannah Bananas?
- How does the Bananas franchise generate revenue?
- What is promotion?
- Why is promotion important to the Bananas?
- Why do you think they have been so successful with their promotional efforts?
- What is fan experience?
- Why is fan experience important in sports from a business perspective?
- What have the Bananas done to create a fan experience that keeps fans coming to the ballpark? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class, citing specific examples from this news story.