This isn’t Coca-Cola’s first partnership with Riot Games. The beverage brand sponsored various competitive League of Legends events, including the annual League of Legends World Championship, from 2013 to 2016.
Click here to read the story at digiday.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor sports and entertainment properties and events?
- How do you think brands determine which sports and entertainment properties and events to sponsor?
- Why do you think Coca-Cola would invest in a partnership with Wild Rift Esports?
- What is a target market?
- Who might represent Coca-Cola’s target consumer with this sponsorship?
- What is a “founding partner” and why might that designation be important to Coca-Cola?