Despite 2021’s unfulfilled promises across many fronts, some creative efforts have proved enduring. They captured the cultural moment or felt keyed into what’s coming, with brands jumping on viral TikTok trends based on classic TV spots or rolling the dice on the emerging concept of a metaverse. A sense of fun made a welcome return following a grim 2020.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is a marketing campaign?
- Why do you think brands create marketing campaigns?
- Do you think the goal of each marketing the campaign is the same for every company? Why or why not?
- What does the headline mean when they reference campaigns that “struck a chord” in 2021?
- What is one example of a campaign that “struck a chord” in 2021, based on information from this story?
- Were you aware of any of these campaigns last year? If so, which one? If not, do you think the marketing was ineffective? Why or why not?
- Of the campaigns described, which do you like best? Why?
- What is experiential marketing?
- Describe Wendy’s “Rick and Morty” experiential campaign from last year. What do you think they hoped to accomplish through the campaigh?
- What is an industry trend?
- What was unique about the Pepsi campaign highlighted in this news story? Do you think that campaign might result in an industry trend? Why or why not?