Amazon.com is laying out plans to launch thousands of small satellites capable of beaming high-speed internet service to earth—an initiative that puts it in direct competition with Elon Musk’s SpaceX, as well as terrestrial-based internet-service providers.
Click here to read the story at barrons.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Who is SpaceX?
- Why is Amazon competing with SpaceX?
- What are they competing for?
- Who might represent indirect competition for Amazon and SpaceX?
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important when it comes to developing new products?
- What type of innovation might best describe the products being developed by Amazon and SpaceX?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, who might have the competitive advantage between Amazon and SpaceX? Why?