Amazon.com has become the biggest apparel seller in the U.S. without any stores. Now it plans to open its first clothing store this year under the Amazon Style banner.
Click here to read the story at retailwire.com.
- What is retail?
- What is the difference between e-commerce and retail?
- Why do you think Amazon wants to sell clothing?
- Why would Amazon be interested in opening a physical clothing store?
- The headline of this story suggests Amazon’s store will be a “fashion and technological revelation.” What does that mean?
- What is competition?
- How might Amazon have a competitive advantage when they open their first retail clothing location?
- Based on information from this story, how will technology impact the shopping experience for Amazon’s customers?
- How might Amazon’s entry into the retail space impact its competitors?
- Would you personally shop at an Amazon retail clothing store? Do you think you might represent Amazon’s target market? Why or why not?